A summary of the article in points:
– history shows that ethnically homogenous states are the most stable
– nationalism did not cause wars. Greed did, and nationalism was just a tool, no different from “freedom”, “democracy” etc.
– neoliberalism and Islam are just codifications of greed of their founders, Milton Friedman and Muhammad
– nation is also attacked because it is an old structure in a system that uncritically declares everything new as being good
– journalists do not understand nationalism because they are part of the elite
– nationalism cannot be equated with chauvinism or Nazism, because nationalism is not an agressive, but defensive, ideology
– main reason nationalism is being attacked is that it goes against plutocratic interests expressed in free trade, globalism and supranational integrations
– liberals uncritically accept anything new, foreign and “exotic”, including such genocidal ideologies as Islam. Nationalism is against that.
– progressivism treats all people as being not only equal but identical, exchangeable parts of a machine. Nationalism accepts differences, and thus goes against progressivism.
– historically, agressors were mostly multinational/supranational empires or states aiming to become such
– nationalism prevents conflict by preventing mixing and teaching people respect for different cultures
– wars were caused mostly by the same things that are most hostile to nationalism: free trade, multiculturalism, supranational integrations
– stable nation is based on ethnos and a single culture
– nationalism is required to keep elites at least somewhat connected to the society. Religious or economic divisions, if not bridged by nationalism, will destroy society (e.g. North Africa, Middle East)
– nationalism is prerequirement for democracy, and appearance of democracy coincides with appearance of nationalism
– by replacing heirarchies based on the education, wealth or religion, nationalism allows social care, and freedom of speech, belief and action required for the democratic society
– Nazism is an expression of weakness of nationalism, because healthy nationalism and connections it fosters remove the need for a totalitarian government
– ethnic nationalism is more stable in turbulent times than civic one
– large number of independent, ethnically and culturally independent nations is good for humanity as a whole because it fosters progress, unlike today’s situation when transnational plutocratic organizations do all the decision-making
– ideal state is ethnically, culturally and territorially homogenous, but since that is impossible, a balance between Gesselschaft and Gemeinschaft is needed